MDI Biological Laboratory

Archive for: history

First Step in Major Makeover for Bowen Hall

Over the last 175 years, Bowen Hall has served numerous purposes. Originally built as a homestead for blacksmith Benjamin Emory and his family somewhere between 1833 and 1851, in the late 1920’s served as the Laboratory’s dining hall, a common space where like-minds could often be seen, heads together, collaborating over the latest discoveries in…

Continue Reading