Limited funds are available for fellowship support of visiting scientists, scientists who come to the MDI Biological Laboratory to collaborate with our faculty, and our scientific staff who need to travel to conduct research with collaborators.
For more information, contact Robert Morris, Ph.D.
Please provide a 2-page (maximum) Research Summary. The summary must include this information as subheadings in the text:
- Introduction: Describe background and significance of research.
- Experimental Plan: Describe the research experiments in non-technical detail.
- Innovation: Describe how the project uses innovative or novel experimental approaches or addresses research questions using a new approach.
- References must be provided. They are not counted in the 2-page limit.
Prepare a short-form CV (e.g., Biosketch).
Save the research summary, references, and short-form CV as a single PDF named with PI name and application year (e.g., “
Complete the online Phase 1 application within which you will upload your PDF proposal.
Research Fellowship Application Deadlines for 2017
- December 30, 2016 (For May–October Independent Seasonal Visits 2016)
- Rolling applications are open for scientists collaborating with resident faculty laboratories
Self-funded Visiting Scientist Instructions and Deadlines
Please complete the Self Funded Scientist Application
- January 9, 2017 (For May–October Independent Seasonal Visits 2016)
- Rolling applications are open for scientists collaborating with resident faculty laboratories.