The Innovation awards program is designed to stimulate and support transformative biomedical and biological research, and to launch innovative educational programs at the MDI Biological Laboratory. These awards provide funding for up to three years.
Innovation awards support:
- High risk collaborative research projects that will lead to groundbreaking and transformative biological discoveries;
- Development of research projects with industry or medical center partners that seek to translate discovery into application; and
- Launch of novel science education programs including courses, conferences, public science outreach and science teacher training.
Please provide a 2-page (maximum) Research Summary. The summary must include this information as subheadings in the text:
- Introduction: Describe background and significance of research.
- Experimental Plan: Describe the research experiments in non-technical detail.
- Innovation: Describe how the project uses innovative or novel experimental approaches or addresses research questions using a new approach.
- References must be provided. They are not counted in the 2-page limit.
Prepare a short-form CV (e.g., Biosketch).
Obtain a reference.
Application Deadlines for 2018
- January 5, 2018 (For May–October Independent Seasonal Visits 2018)
- Rolling applications are accepted for scientists collaborating with resident faculty laboratories.