It’s hard to believe Labor Day is behind us, and with it we mark the unofficial end of another summer at MDI Biological Laboratory. But it may have been the BEST one yet! Since a picture is worth a thousand words, we thought a video would be the perfect way to capture the spirit of the last few months:
Without further ado, here are our top ten reasons why this was the ultimate summer of science and fun at MDIBL!
- Our Chalk Board got a fresh layer of paint and is ready for another 50 years of phenomenal chalk talks from Visiting Scientists and Faculty
- 29 High School and College students joined us for our Summer Student Fellowship Program
- Our research faculty and students collaborated with 14 Visiting Scientists
- We held three phenomenal Taste For Science Events highlighting the work of our newest faculty and post-doctoral researchers
- Our two day student symposium allowed fellows to share their research project with over 100 people
- We welcomed the Bruce Gertz Jazz Quartet for a unique Art Meets Science concert
- Critical research on aging, regeneration, and improving human health continued in all 12 of our year-round labs
- 424 people participated in in-person and virtual courses and conferences
- MDIBL President Hermann Haller, M.D. was recognized for his outstanding career in the sciences
- We had a LOT of fun!
The support of the larger MDIBL community makes our research and education programs possible – thank you! We can’t wait to share with you what comes next for all our students, faculty, and alumni; make sure you subscribe to stay in the loop!