- MDI Biological Laboratory will use new animal model to study aging Scienmag Science Magazine · January 15, 2020
- MDI Biological Laboratory Will Use New Animal Model to Study Aging Bioengineer.org · January 15, 2020
- MDI Biological Laboratory Will Use New Animal Model to Study Aging Bio-IT World · January 15, 2020
- MDI Biological Laboratory will use African turquoise killifish model to study aging News Medical: Life Sciences · January 16, 2020
- MDI Biological Laboratory hosts 2020 National Science Foundation Fellows Bangor Daily News · August 11, 2020
- Breaking Through Fall 2020 Publication · Fall 2020
- Oh SH, Kim SH, Jeon JH, Kim EB, Lee NK, Beck S, Choi YJ, Kang SK. Cytoplasmic expression of a model antigen with M Cell-Targeting moiety in lactic acid bacteria and implication of the mechanism as a mucosal vaccine via oral route. Vaccine. 2021 Jul 5;39(30):4072-4081. doi: 10.1016/j.vaccine.2021.06.010. Epub 2021 Jun 12. PMID: 34127296.
- Lee JY, Song J, LeBlanc L, Davis I, Kim J, Beck S. Conserved dual-mode gene regulation programs in higher eukaryotes. Nucleic Acids Res. 2021 Mar 18;49(5):2583-2597. doi: 10.1093/nar/gkab108. PMID: 33621342; PMCID: PMC7969006.
- Lee BK, Jang YJ, Kim M, LeBlanc L, Rhee C, Lee J, Beck S, Shen W, Kim J. Super-enhancer-guided mapping of regulatory networks controlling mouse trophoblast stem cells. Nat Commun. 2019 Oct 18;10(1):4749. doi: 10.1038/s41467-019-12720-6. PMID: 31628347; PMCID: PMC6802173.
- Postdoctoral Fellow, The University of Texas at Austin, Systems Biology
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Yonsei University, Network and Systems Biology
- Ph.D., Seoul National University, Network and Systems Biology, 2011
- B.S., Seoul National University, Animal Biotechnology, 2004
Dr. Beck investigates the mechanism of gene regulation at the transcription level, using integrative Big Data Analysis and experimental validations. The lab aims to understand the comprehensive biological mechanisms underlying gene regulation at the transcription level. Undergraduate research fellows in Dr. Beck’s lab will perform the meta-analysis of various Next Generation Sequence data generated by RNA-seq, ChIP-seq, Bis-seq, Hi-C, and ChIA-PET techniques. They will also participate in experiments to detect and visualize the exact location of the specific gene locus within the nucleus.