- Biology Students + Crickets + High Performance Computers = Scientific Breakthrough Bowdoin College · March 16, 2021
- Students take virtual genetics course through MDI Biological Laboratory Southern Maine Community College · February 2, 2021
- MDI Biological Laboratory hosts 2020 National Science Foundation Fellows Bangor Daily News · August 11, 2020
- Part III: Meet the Computational Biology Core Blog · August 11, 2020
- Bioinformatics Part II: What do my genome-scale measurements of gene expression mean? Blog · August 11, 2020
- Robledo RF, Ciciotte SL, Graber JH, Zhao Y, Lambert AJ, Gwynn B, Maki NJ, Brindley EC, Hartman E, Blanc L, Peters LL. Differential effects of RASA3 mutations on hematopoiesis are profoundly influenced by genetic background and molecular variant. PLoS Genet. 2020 Dec 28;16(12):e1008857. doi: 10.1371/journal.pgen.1008857. PMID: 33370780; PMCID: PMC7793307.
- Gans I, Hartig EI, Zhu S, Tilden AR, Hutchins LN, Maki NJ, Graber JH, Coffman JA. Klf9 is a key feedforward regulator of the transcriptomic response to glucocorticoid receptor activity. Sci Rep. 2020 Jul 10;10(1):11415. doi: 10.1038/s41598-020-68040-z. PMID: 32651405; PMCID: PMC7351738.
- Lee SD, Liu HY, Graber JH, Heller-Trulli D, Kaczmarek Michaels K, Cerezo JF, Moore CL. Regulation of the Ysh1 endonuclease of the mRNA cleavage/polyadenylation complex by ubiquitin-mediated degradation. RNA Biol. 2020 May;17(5):689-702. doi: 10.1080/15476286.2020.1724717. Epub 2020 Feb 12. PMID: 32009536; PMCID: PMC7237158.
- Ph.D., Cornell University, Experimental Accelerator Physics, 1993
- B.S., Michigan Technological University, Physics, 1987
- B.S., Michigan Technological University, Computer Science, 1987
Research Fellow projects working within the CompBio Core are focused on analysis and interpretation of genome-scale data.
Projects that address biological problems of interest are generally carried out in collaboration with wet-bench researchers from MDIBL as well as visiting or INBRE-partner research groups. Core personnel also support computationally-focused projects that emphasize “best practices” in developing rigorous and reproducible tools, workflows, and databases. Summer projects are discrete, targeted towards analysis or tool development, and can be carried out over the course of 10 weeks. The CompBio Core is also open to academic year internships focused on longer-term projects.