- New Research by Aric Rogers, Ph.D., Sheds Light on the Effects of Dietary Restriction on Muscle Tissue Blog · January 22, 2022
- Research at MDI Biological Laboratory Sheds New Light on Effects of Dietary Restriction Press Release · November 23, 2021
- MDI Bio Lab hosts first ATK conference Mount Desert Islander · October 15, 2021
- MDI Biological Laboratory Hosts Inaugural African Turquoise Killifish Conference Press Release · October 4, 2021
- Scientists Are Decoding the Genetic Mechanisms of Aging Science Daily · October 10, 2019
- Decoding the Genetic Mechanisms of Aging Technology Networks · October 11, 2019
- Kumar AV, Kang T, Thakurta TG, Ng C, Rogers AN, Larsen MR, Lapierre LR. Exportin 1 modulates life span by regulating nucleolar dynamics via the autophagy protein LGG-1/GABARAP. Sci Adv. 2022 Apr;8(13):eabj1604. doi: 10.1126/sciadv.abj1604. Epub 2022 Apr 1. PMID: 35363528.
- Heissenberger C, Rollins JA, Krammer TL, Nagelreiter F, Stocker I, Wacheul L, Shpylovyi A, Tav K, Snow S, Grillari J, Rogers AN, Lafontaine DLJ, Schosserer M. The ribosomal RNA m5C methyltransferase NSUN-1 modulates healthspan and oogenesis in Caenorhabditis elegans. Elife. 2020 Dec 8;9:e56205. doi: 10.7554/eLife.56205. PMID: 33289480; PMCID: PMC7746234.
- Lan J, Rollins JA, Zang X, Wu D, Zou L, Wang Z, Ye C, Wu Z, Kapahi P, Rogers AN, Chen D. Translational Regulation of Non-autonomous Mitochondrial Stress Response Promotes Longevity. Cell Rep. 2019 Jul 23;28(4):1050-1062.e6. doi: 10.1016/j.celrep.2019.06.078. PMID: 31340143; PMCID: PMC6684276.
- Rollins JA, Shaffer D, Snow SS, Kapahi P, Rogers AN. Dietary restriction induces posttranscriptional regulation of longevity genes. Life Sci Alliance. 2019 Jun 28;2(4):e201800281. doi: 10.26508/lsa.201800281. PMID: 31253655; PMCID: PMC6600014.
- Ph.D., University of Massachusetts, Molecular and Cellular Biology, 2005
Dr. Rogers investigates the role of post-transcriptional mediators of gene expression on lifespan. Aging interventions of special focus include dietary restriction and genetic inhibition of translation initiation. The model organism employed in the lab is the small roundworm Caenorhabditis elegans. Undergraduate Research Fellows in the lab quickly learn basic handling and experimental procedures involving this nematode, which is especially useful for addressing basic questions of gene function via RNAi feeding.