- MDI Bio Lab hosts first ATK conference Mount Desert Islander · October 15, 2021
- MDI Biological Laboratory Hosts Inaugural African Turquoise Killifish Conference Press Release · October 4, 2021
- Teaching Old Cells New Tricks: Insights Into Molecular-Level Aging NIH/NIGMS Biomedical Beat · December 2, 2020
- Scientists Are Decoding the Genetic Mechanisms of Aging Science Daily · October 10, 2019
- Scientists Are Decoding the Genetic Mechanisms of Aging Health Medicine Network · October 11, 2019
- Decoding the Genetic Mechanisms of Aging Technology Networks · October 11, 2019
- Is Any Drug Possible in Future to Prolong Healthy Lifespan? Discourse on Development · October 11, 2019
- Scientists are Trying to Find Ways to Slow Down the Process of Aging Tribune Byte · October 12, 2019
- Scientists at the MDI Biological Laboratory Are Decoding the Genetic Mechanisms of Aging and the Role of Dietary Restriction Regen Health Solutions · October 16, 2019
- Genetische Mechanismen des Alterns Aufgeklärt Pharmazeutische Zeitung · October 17, 2019
- Heissenberger C, Rollins JA, Krammer TL, Nagelreiter F, Stocker I, Wacheul L, Shpylovyi A, Tav K, Snow S, Grillari J, Rogers AN, Lafontaine DLJ, Schosserer M. The ribosomal RNA m5C methyltransferase NSUN-1 modulates healthspan and oogenesis in Caenorhabditis elegans. Elife. 2020 Dec 8;9:e56205. doi: 10.7554/eLife.56205. PMID: 33289480; PMCID: PMC7746234.
- Lan J, Rollins JA, Zang X, Wu D, Zou L, Wang Z, Ye C, Wu Z, Kapahi P, Rogers AN, Chen D. Translational Regulation of Non-autonomous Mitochondrial Stress Response Promotes Longevity. Cell Rep. 2019 Jul 23;28(4):1050-1062.e6. doi: 10.1016/j.celrep.2019.06.078. PMID: 31340143; PMCID: PMC6684276.
- Rollins JA, Shaffer D, Snow SS, Kapahi P, Rogers AN. Dietary restriction induces posttranscriptional regulation of longevity genes. Life Sci Alliance. 2019 Jun 28;2(4):e201800281. doi: 10.26508/lsa.201800281. PMID: 31253655; PMCID: PMC6600014.
- Ph.D., University of Massachusetts, Molecular and Cellular Biology, 2005
Dr. Rogers investigates the role of post-transcriptional mediators of gene expression on lifespan. Aging interventions of special focus include dietary restriction and genetic inhibition of translation initiation. The model organism employed in the lab is the small roundworm Caenorhabditis elegans. Undergraduate Research Fellows in the lab quickly learn basic handling and experimental procedures involving this nematode, which is especially useful for addressing basic questions of gene function via RNAi feeding.