- Students must be US citizens or non-citizen permanent residents.
- Students must be enrolled in a Maine high school, although limited nominations are accepted for exceptional non-Maine students.
- Students must have completed their sophomore, junior, or senior year of high school, and must be at least 16 years old by June 1.
- Students must have completed at least one semester of biology, chemistry, and mathematics. Students interested in bioinformatics or computational biology must demonstrate some experience with programming, and the biology requirement may be waived.
Nominations are now closed for the 2015 summer session which runs June 21-August 8.
Students must receive a faculty nomination to apply to this program. Completed Faculty Nomination Forms must be received and approved by the Education Office by the stated deadline. Members of the Education Office will contact all nominated students to initiate a full application.
Students/parents: do not wait to be nominated. If you are interested in this program, please give your teacher a copy of the nomination form (see above) and ask them to nominate you. You are encouraged to discuss the program with your teacher as he/she may be able to offer important advice or suggestions.
- Students must be nominated by a teacher to apply to this program (see above).
- Nominated students will receive an application packet by email.
- The application form and all required application materials (transcript, teacher recommendation, written responses) must be submitted by the application deadline.
Contact the Education Office.