This course brings together leading scientists and students to study fundamental questions in regeneration biology and practical applications using extensive hands-on laboratories. Scientific core access includes Animal Resources, Bioinformatics, Microscopy, and Instrumentation. This course features extensive incorporation of comparative bioinformatics to identify key common regenerative signatures between species.
Course enrollment includes full registration to our Learning from Nature: Comparative Biology of Tissue Regeneration and Aging Symposium.
Senior graduate students, postdocs, and junior faculty are encouraged to apply. In this dynamic environment, each student will:
- examine, characterize and compare regenerative potential across a wide array of species;
- gain practical guidance regarding animal care, handling and husbandry;
- combine microsurgical methods with state of the art molecular analysis; and
- join a growing network of colleagues studying regeneration.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the course is filled, at which time a waiting list will be maintained.
Read the recent publication by Voot Yin, Ph.D. and Benjamin King, Ph.D.
Tuition – $3,900.00 USD
Tuition includes all course materials, double-occupancy housing, meals, parking, wi-fi. Single occupancy, if available, may be purchased for an additional fee.
Tuition also includes full-registration to our Learning from Nature: Comparative Biology of Tissue Regeneration and Aging Symposium
- Voot P. Yin, Ph.D.Assistant ProfessorMDI Biological Laboratory
- Alejandro Sanchez Alvarado, Ph.D.Howard Hughes Medical Institute InvestigatorStowers Institute for Medical Research
- Karen Echeverri, Ph.D.Assistant ProfessorUniversity of Minnesota
- James Godwin, Ph.D.Assistant ProfessorThe Jackson Laboratory/MDI Biological Laboratory
- Joel H. Graber, Ph.D.Senior Staff Scientist, Director of Computational Biology and Bioinformatics CoreMDI Biological Laboratory
- Benjamin L. King, Ph.D.Assistant Professor of BioinformaticsUniversity of Maine
- Juan Larrain, Ph.D.Associate Professor and Vice President for ResearchPontifical Catholic University of Chile
- Vicki P. Losick, Ph.D.Assistant ProfessorMDI Biological Laboratory
- Ashley Seifert, Ph.D.Assistant ProfessorUniversity of Kentucky
Course participants and faculty reside on campus in cottages and dormitories.