Applications will open soon. To be notified, please contact the Education Office.
This course brings together leading scientists and students to study fundamental questions in regeneration biology and practical applications using extensive hands-on laboratories. Scientific core access includes Animal Resources, Bioinformatics, Microscopy, and Instrumentation. This course features extensive incorporation of comparative bioinformatics to identify key common regenerative signatures between species.
Course enrollment includes full-registration to our Comparative Biology of Tissue Repair, Regeneration, and Aging Symposium.
Senior graduate students, postdocs, and junior faculty are encouraged to apply.In this dynamic environment, each student will:
- examine, characterize and compare regenerative potential across a wide array of species;
- gain practical guidance regarding animal care, handling and husbandry;
- combine microsurgical methods with state of the art molecular analysis; and
- join a growing network of colleagues studying regeneration.
- Voot P. Yin, Ph.D.Assistant ProfessorMDI Biological Laboratory
- Alejandro Sanchez Alvarado, Ph.D.Howard Hughes Medical Institute InvestigatorStowers Institute for Medical Research
- Karen Echeverri, Ph.D.Assistant ProfessorUniversity of Minnesota
- James Godwin, Ph.D.Research ScientistThe Jackson Laboratory/MDI Biological Laboratory
- Benjamin L. King, Ph.D.Senior Staff ScientistMDI Biological Laboratory
- Juan Larrian, Ph.D.Associate Professor and Vice President for ResearchPontifical Catholic University of Chile
- Vicki P. Losick, Ph.D.Assistant ProfessorMDI Biological Laboratory
- Steven Munger, Ph.D.Assistant ProfessorThe Jackson Laboratory
- Kenneth D. Poss, Ph.D.Professor, Cell BiologyDuke University; Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Ashley Seifert, Ph.D.Assistant ProfessorUniversity of Kentucky