The 44th Annual Maine Biological and Biomedical Sciences Symposium (MBMSS) is a state-wide gathering of scientists and students—an opportunity to share research results, exchange ideas, promote collaboration, and network with Maine scientists in a variety of disciplines.
Keynote Speaker: Martin Pera, Ph.D., Professor, The Jackson Laboratory
The conference registration has reached capacity. Abstract submission deadline was March 27th.
Conference registration includes all events, scheduled food service, parking, and WiFi.
Registrations will be accepted until the venue is full. Registration is required to attend.
Non-INBRE Faculty: $50.00
Maine Undergraduate/Graduate Student: Complimentary (March 27: on campus housing is now wait list status only)
Maine INBRE Faculty: Complimentary
Maine High School Student: Complimentary
MDI Biological Laboratory Staff and Alumni: Complimentary
- James A. Coffman, Ph.D.Associate Professor; Director, Maine IDeA Network of Biomedical Research Excellence (INBRE)MDI Biological Laboratory
- Patsy Dickinson, Ph.D.Josiah Little Professor of Natural SciencesBowdoin College
- Jane E. Disney, Ph.D.Senior Staff Scientist; Director of Education; Director, Community Environmental Health LaboratoryMDI Biological Laboratory
- Markus Frederich, Ph.D.Associate ProfessorUniversity of New England
- Keith Hutchinson, Ph.D.ProfessorUniversity of Maine
- Steven Munger, Ph.D.Assistant ProfessorThe Jackson Laboratory
- Martin Pera Ph.D.ProfessorThe Jackson Laboratory
The conference will start on Friday with registration at 11:00 and catered lunch at 11:30. Talks will begin after lunch. The keynote talk will be in the late afternoon on Friday followed by a catered dinner. An evening poster session will follow dinner.
Saturday will begin with a breakfast/poster session and continue through late morning with talks.
NEW this year: INBRE Equipment exchange
A room block has been reserved at the Atlantic Oceanside Hotel & Event Center.
Double queen rooms are available for $119.00/night. This rate expires March 28.
To make a reservation:
call 1-800-336-2463 and reference MDI Biological Laboratory
or visit www.AOBarHarbor.com and enter group code 30540