The 44th Annual Maine Biological and Biomedical Sciences Symposium (MBMSS) is a state-wide gathering of scientists and students—an opportunity to share research results, exchange ideas, promote collaboration, and network with Maine scientists in a variety of disciplines.
Abstract submission deadline: March 27, 2017
Abstracts are submitted with registration. You may start your registration, log out and then log back in to upload your abstract prior to the March 27 deadline.
Registration deadline: April 14, 2017 or until full.
Conference registration includes all events, scheduled food service, parking, and WiFi.
Registrations will be accepted until the venue is full. Registration is required to attend.
Non-INBRE Faculty: $50.00
Maine Undergraduate/Graduate Student: Complimentary (Includes one night on-campus housing, subject to availability)
Maine INBRE Faculty: Complimentary
Maine High School Student: Complimentary
MDI Biological Laboratory Staff and Alumni: Complimentary
- James A. Coffman, Ph.D.Associate Professor; Director, Maine IDeA Network of Biomedical Research Excellence (INBRE)MDI Biological Laboratory
- Patsy Dickinson, Ph.D.Josiah Little Professor of Natural SciencesBowdoin College
- Jane E. Disney, Ph.D.Senior Staff Scientist; Director of Education; Director, Community Environmental Health LaboratoryMDI Biological Laboratory
- Markus Frederich, Ph.D.Associate ProfessorUniversity of New England
- Keith Hutchinson, Ph.D.ProfessorUniversity of Maine
- Steven Munger, Ph.D.Assistant ProfessorThe Jackson Laboratory
The conference will start on Friday afternoon and continue through Saturday morning. Details will be posted as soon as they become available.