The annual Maine Biological and Medical Sciences Symposium (MBMSS) is a state-wide gathering of scientists and students—an opportunity to share research results, exchange ideas, promote collaboration, and network with Maine scientists in a variety of disciplines.
2022 Keynote Speaker: Connie Cepko, Ph.D., Bullard Professor of Genetics and Neuroscience at Harvard Medical School and Howard Hughes Medical Institute Investigator
- David Angelini, Ph.D.Associate ProfessorColby College
- James A. Coffman, Ph.D.Associate Professor; Director, Maine IDeA Network of Biomedical Research Excellence (INBRE)MDI Biological Laboratory
- Patsy Dickinson, Ph.D.Josiah Little Professor of Natural SciencesBowdoin College
- Jane E. Disney, Ph.D.Senior Staff Scientist; Director of Research Training; Director, Community Environmental Health LaboratoryMDI Biological Laboratory
- Jean Doty, Ph.D.Professor of BiologyUniversity of Maine Farmington
- Markus Frederich, Ph.D.Associate ProfessorUniversity of New England
- Ellen Hostert, Ph.D.ProfessorUniversity of Maine at Machias
- Chris Petersen, Ph.D.Faculty, Ecology and BiologyCollege of the Atlantic
- Paula Schlax, Ph.D.ProfessorBates College
- Christine SmithDirector of Courses, Conferenes, and EvaluationMDI Biological Laboratory
- Ryan Tewhey, Ph.D.Assistant ProfessorThe Jackson Laboratory
- Robert Wheeler, Ph.D.Professor of Molecuar and Biomedical ScienceUniversity of Maine
- Connie Cepko, Ph.D.Bullard Professor of Genetics and NeuroscienceHarvard Medical School and Howard Hughes Medical Institute
Details about the schedule will be added as they are available.