The MBMSS will become an online event in 2020!
MBMSS 2020 will feature multiple interactive poster sessions. The sessions will take place on Thursday April 23 and Friday April 24.
Registration is open!
Abstract submission deadline extended to April 5th
The Annual Maine Biological and Medical Sciences Symposium (MBMSS) is a state-wide gathering of scientists and students—an opportunity to share research results, exchange ideas, promote collaboration, and network with Maine scientists in a variety of disciplines.
Abstracts for poster presentations are submitted through the registration process. You can start your registration, save it for later, and then log back in to submit your abstract before the deadline.
- David Angelini, Ph.D.Associate ProfessorColby College
- James A. Coffman, Ph.D.Associate Professor; Director, Maine IDeA Network of Biomedical Research Excellence (INBRE)MDI Biological Laboratory
- Patsy Dickinson, Ph.D.Josiah Little Professor of Natural SciencesBowdoin College
- Jane E. Disney, Ph.D.Senior Staff Scientist; Director of Research Training; Director, Community Environmental Health LaboratoryMDI Biological Laboratory
- Jean Doty, Ph.D.Professor of BiologyUniversity of Maine Farmington
- Markus Frederich, Ph.D.Associate ProfessorUniversity of New England
- Lynn Hannum, Ph.D.Associate ProfessorColby College
- Ellen Hostert, Ph.D.ProfessorUniversity of Maine at Machias
- Chris Petersen, Ph.D.Faculty, Ecology and BiologyCollege of the Atlantic
- Paula Schlax, Ph.D.ProfessorBates College
- Ryan Tewhey, Ph.D.Assistant ProfessorThe Jackson Laboratory
- Robert Wheeler, Ph.D.Professor of Molecuar and Biomedical ScienceUniversity of Maine
- Christina D. Cota, Ph.D.Assistant ProfessorColby College
- Jose A. Fernandez Robledo, Ph.D.Senior Research Scientist, Molecular BiologistBigelow Laboratory
- Larry Feinstein, Ph.D.Assistant ProfessorUniversity of Maine at Presque Isle
- Lori Banks, Ph.D.Assistant ProfessorBates College
- Manuel Diaz-Rios, Ph.D.ProfessorBowdoin College
- Martin Kruse, Ph.D.Assistant Professor of Biology & NeuroscienceBates College
- Michelle R. Greene, Ph.D.Assistant ProfessorBates College
- Vidhya Munnumalai, Ph.D.Assistant ProfessorThe Jackson Laboratory
Stay tuned for our new online event programming!
Are you interested in being a sponsor for the Maine Biological and Medical Sciences Symposium? Check out the flyer in the link above to view the different giving levels and their corresponding benefits!
For questions or inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.