The 46th Annual Maine Biological and Medical Sciences Symposium (MBMSS) is a state-wide gathering of scientists and students—an opportunity to share research results, exchange ideas, promote collaboration, and network with Maine scientists in a variety of disciplines.
Keynote Speaker: Linda Bockenstedt, M.D., Yale University
Abstracts for platform and poster presentations are submitted through the registration process. You can start your registration, save it for later, and then log back in to submit your abstract before the deadline.
Abstract submission deadline March 28, 2019
Registration Deadline: April 5, or until the event has filled to capacity. In the last 4 years the event has filled to capacity by mid-late March and we then build a waiting list.
- James A. Coffman, Ph.D.Associate Professor; Director, Maine IDeA Network of Biomedical Research Excellence (INBRE)MDI Biological Laboratory
- Patsy Dickinson, Ph.D.Josiah Little Professor of Natural SciencesBowdoin College
- Jane E. Disney, Ph.D.Senior Staff Scientist; Director of Education; Director, Community Environmental Health LaboratoryMDI Biological Laboratory
- Jean Doty, Ph.D.Professor of BiologyUniversity of Maine Farmington
- Lynn Hannum, Ph.D.Associate ProfessorColby College
- Steven Munger, Ph.D.Assistant ProfessorThe Jackson Laboratory
- Chris Petersen, Ph.D.Faculty, Ecology and BiologyCollege of the Atlantic
- Robert Wheeler, Ph.D.Associate Professor of MicrobiologyUniversity of Maine
Tentative schedule outline.
Friday, April 26
late afternoon Keynote
Saturday, April 27
A block of self-pay rooms has been reserved at waterfront The Atlantic Oceanside hotel in Bar Harbor. King or double Queen rooms are $125.00/night plus 9 % tax.
Reservation Deadline: March 26th 2019
To make a reservation from the block go to www.AOBarHarbor.com and enter Group ID#: 69338
or call 888-336-2463 and reference the “MDI Biological Laboratory Room Block”
Undergraduate students at Maine INBRE Institutions (Southern Maine Community College, Bates, Bowdoin, Colby, University of Maine Honors College, University of Maine Farmington, University of Maine Machias, University of Maine Fort Kent, and University of Maine Presque Isle) may request one night of free double occupancy dormitory lodging on campus for Friday night. The request form is in the registration process.