The 45th Annual Maine Biological and Medical Sciences Symposium (MBMSS) is a state-wide gathering of scientists and students—an opportunity to share research results, exchange ideas, promote collaboration, and network with Maine scientists in a variety of disciplines.
Keynote Speaker: Cassandra Extavour, Ph.D., Harvard University
“Reproductive Capacity Evolves in Response to Ecology through Common Developmental Mechanisms“
Abstract submission deadline was March 28, 2018
Abstracts are no longer being accepted
- James A. Coffman, Ph.D.Associate Professor; Director, Maine IDeA Network of Biomedical Research Excellence (INBRE)MDI Biological Laboratory
- Patsy Dickinson, Ph.D.Josiah Little Professor of Natural SciencesBowdoin College
- Jane E. Disney, Ph.D.Senior Staff Scientist; Director of Education; Director, Community Environmental Health LaboratoryMDI Biological Laboratory
- Jean Doty, Ph.D.Professor of BiologyUniversity of Maine Farmington
- Lynn Hannum, Ph.D.Associate ProfessorColby College
- Steven Munger, Ph.D.Assistant ProfessorThe Jackson Laboratory
- Chris Petersen, Ph.D.Faculty, Ecology and BiologyCollege of the Atlantic
- Robert Wheeler, Ph.D.Associate Professor of MicrobiologyUniversity of Maine
- Cassandra Extavour, Ph.D.Professor and Principal InvestigatorHarvard University
MDI Biological Laboratory
University of Maine Farmington
University of Maine
The Jackson Laboratory
University of Maine
One night of complimentary on-campus housing is available for undergraduate students attending Maine colleges and universities, on a first-come first-serve basis until all units are filled. Requests for housing are submitted in the registration form. As of March 18 we have started a waiting list for campus housing.
Hotel Room Block: We have reserved a block of rooms at the Atlantic Oceanside Hotel in Bar Harbor. The nightly rate is $119.00 plus 9% tax. To make your reservation, call the hotel at 207-288-5801 or 800-336-2463 and reference Group Name MDI Biological Laboratory. The room block expires on March 27, 2018.