The 45th Annual Maine Biological and Biomedical Sciences Symposium (MBMSS) is a state-wide gathering of scientists and students—an opportunity to share research results, exchange ideas, promote collaboration, and network with Maine scientists in a variety of disciplines.
Keynote Speaker: Cassandra Extavour, Ph.D., Harvard University
Abstract submission deadline: March 28, 2018
Abstracts are submitted with registration.
Registration deadline: April 6, 2018 or until full. In the past three years this event has filled weeks before the registration deadline.
- James A. Coffman, Ph.D.Associate Professor; Director, Maine IDeA Network of Biomedical Research Excellence (INBRE)MDI Biological Laboratory
- Patsy Dickinson, Ph.D.Josiah Little Professor of Natural SciencesBowdoin College
- Jane E. Disney, Ph.D.Senior Staff Scientist; Director of Education; Director, Community Environmental Health LaboratoryMDI Biological Laboratory
- Jean Doty, Ph.D.Professor of BiologyUniversity of Maine Farmington
- Lynn Hannum, Ph.D.Associate ProfessorColby College
- Steven Munger, Ph.D.Assistant ProfessorThe Jackson Laboratory
- Chris Petersen, Ph.D.Faculty, Ecology and BiologyCollege of the Atlantic
- Robert Wheeler, Ph.D.Associate Professor of MicrobiologyUniversity of Maine
- Cassandra Extavour, Ph.D.Professor and Principal InvestigatorHarvard University
One night of complimentary on-campus housing is available for undergraduate students attending Maine INBRE partner institutions, on a first-come first-serve basis until all units are filled. Requests for housing are submitted in the registration form.
Hotel Room Block: We have reserved a block of rooms at the Atlantic Oceanside Hotel in Bar Harbor. The nightly rate is $119.00 plus 9% tax. To make your reservation, call the hotel at 207-288-5801 or 800-336-2463 and reference Group Name MDI Biological Laboratory. The room block expires on March 27, 2018.