The MDI Biological Laboratory is seeking a highly motivated individual for the position of Scientific Resources Specialist. As a member of the Animal Resource Core, the individual will provide support to research laboratories and report to Dr. Voot Yin, Director of the Animal Resource Core.
• Procure and maintain all animal models in support of resident faculty and the visiting scientist program
• File and obtain necessary legal permits for the acquisition of research animal models
• Interface with Education Department and the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) to ensure all animal use protocols and applications are in order before acquiring animals
• Maintain basic common use laboratory equipment and ensure proper training, maintenance and repair as necessary
• Manage biomedical waste including autoclaving and disposal of waste
• Bachelor’s degree in biology or substantial progress towards degree completion
• Laboratory experience in a similar support or internship role
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong desire to learn new skills and to make a contribution to an important team effort
Application Deadline: Open until filled
This is a full-time exempt position. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
The MDI Biological Laboratory is an Equal Opportunity Employer.