Postdoctoral Fellowship in renal and vascular research
We are currently accepting applications for a Post-doctoral research fellow in the Haller laboratory (email email@example.com) with an anticipated start date in September, 2021. Our research focuses on understanding microvascular disease and endothelial cell function in the kidney. We investigate mechanisms of renal regeneration and vascularization. We use the zebrafish as a model organism and renal IPS-cell derived organoids to study the molecular and cellular mechanisms of retinal and olfactory neurons regeneration. Recently, we have started to work with turquoise African killifish ATK to understand the microvasculature and endothelial cell differentiation during aging.
Our laboratory in the Kathryn W. Davis Center for Regenerative Biology and Aging employs a range of imaging and molecular technologies including confocal microscopy, live imaging, transgenesis, CRISPR-genome engineering and single cell RNA sequencing to study the biological mechanisms underlying endothelial cell reprogramming in vivo. We are seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral researcher with a strong background in developmental biology and/or physiology, or related field. The successful candidate will be expected to conduct research using cellular and molecular biological techniques to characterize the mechanisms regulating endothelial cell differentiation in disease and regeneration.
The collaborative research environment at the MDIBL offers an excellent opportunity for career development. Funding is available for 3 years, with the expectation that the candidate will work with Dr. Haller to apply for fellowships during this time. The MDIBL offers a benefits package and competitive salary.
- Ph.D. in a biological science or other relevant area and prior publication of original research articles in peer-reviewed journals.
- Experience with basic cell and molecular biology techniques.
- Experience with advanced microscopy
- Experience with single cell RNA sequencing experiments and biological datasets analysis.
- Applicants should have the ability to interpret data, summarize findings, and work independently and collaboratively to synthesize new ideas to develop their project(s).
- a letter of intent outlining special interest in the position, overall related qualifications and experience and career goals.
- curriculum vitae
- the names and contact information of three professional references
The MDI Biological Laboratory is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted: June 15, 2021Apply