The MDI Biological Laboratory seeks to hire a motivated Postdoctoral Research Fellow to work in the laboratory of Dr. Aric Rogers.
The Rogers Lab, located in the Davis Center for Regenerative Biology and Medicine at the MDI Biological Laboratory, is focused on how genetics and environment affect aging at the molecular, cellular, and organismal levels. This project is centered on understanding modes of post-transcriptional gene regulation capable of increasing lifespan and somatic resilience to stress. Bioinformatics analysis will be an important component of the research and the successful candidate will need to balance bench work with computational analyses.
• Ph.D. degree in molecular biology, genetics, biochemistry or similar
• Highly motivated while working independently and in a team environment
• Laboratory expertise in molecular methods
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
• Must be willing to both learn new skills and mentor others as necessary
• Previous experience working with C. elegans is desirable but not essential
While this position will be funded by the P.I., postdoctoral fellows are expected to apply for their own external fellowship funding.
This is a full-time position with benefits. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
The MDI Biological Laboratory is an Equal Opportunity Employer.