The MDI Biological Laboratory seeks a highly motivated postdoctoral researcher to work in the laboratory of Assistant Professor, Aric Rogers.
The Rogers lab studies how genetics and environment affect aging at the molecular, cellular, and organismal levels. This project is centered on understanding modes of post-transcriptional gene regulation capable of increasing lifespan and somatic resilience to stress.
• Ph.D. degree in molecular biology, genetics, biochemistry or similar
• Highly motivated while working independently and in a team environment
• Laboratory expertise in molecular methods
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
• Must be willing to both learn new skills and mentor others as necessary
• Previous experience working with C. elegans is highly desirable but not essential
While this position will be funded by the P.I., postdoctoral fellows are expected to apply for their own external fellowship funding.
This is a full-time salaried position with benefits.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
The MDI Biological Laboratory is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.