The MDI Biological Laboratory is seeking a Staff Scientist with substantial experience/expertise in confocal microscopy and other biological imaging technologies. The position will provide support to faculty, laboratory employees, visiting scientists and students.
- Support faculty and research support staff and students; assisting and training them as needed to carry out advanced microscopy techniques
- Consults with users on experiment design, materials and methods, and instrument optimization
- Assists in data acquisition and analysis, troubleshooting problems with microscopes or samples
- Responsible for keeping current on and applying advances in the field to studies that will enhance research
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferably in cell biology or related field
- At least five years of lab experience performing microscope operation and maintenance, developing microscopy techniques, and supervising or training employees and students
- Has a working knowledge of design, theory and functioning of instrumentation
- Familiarity with laboratory and analytical software
- Interest in new technology and desire to expand skills
- Ability to work independently or with a team
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills
The MDI Biological Laboratory is an Equal Opportunity Employer.