The MDI Biological Laboratory seeks highly qualified applicants for the position of Major Gifts Officer.
The Major Gifts Officer is responsible for institutional fundraising efforts through strategic, innovative management of donors and donor prospects. This is a highly-visible position where energy, diplomacy, sophistication, communication and an understanding of philanthropy and biomedical research are key factors to success. The Major Gifts Officer must develop a clear understanding of the MDI Biological Laboratory’s research program, culture and vision.
Major responsibilities include:
• Grow and manage a portfolio of major gift prospects including identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of prospects for gifts of $100,000 or more.
• Build relationships with current and prospective donors in order to deepen their engagement and commitment.
• Develop a wide range of written cultivation, solicitation, acknowledgment and stewardship materials.
• Respond to prospect and donor inquiries and requests, including developing gift opportunities and related written materials.
• Proven ability to solicit and close gifts;
• Organizational skills, including time and project management;
• Availability for significant travel, along with a valid driver’s license;
• Experience in life sciences research institutions preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree;
• At least three years’ experience in institutional development and proven track record in major gift fundraising.
This is a full-time exempt position, salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Review of applications will begin immediately until filled.
The MDI Biological Laboratory is an Equal Opportunity Employer.