The MDI Biological Laboratory seeks to hire a year-round Food Services Manager to oversee institutional food services and coordinated event catering on campus.
- Associate’s degree in culinary arts, food management or a similar field and two years of experience in a supervisory capacity in a commercial or institutional food service environment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of food service operations and a variety of styles of services.
- Proven ability to get along well with various types of people and work well under pressure.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Computer skills proficiency, to include email and Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to represent MDI Biological Laboratory by means of a pleasant and helpful disposition, a positive attitude, and a quick response.
Special Position Requirements
- Must be available to both traditional business hours and some non-traditional evening and weekend hours; hours may vary to coincide with institutional needs and internal operations.
- Must be able to obtain any/all locally required licenses/certifications that relate to the job being performed such as TIPS or ServSafe food safety certifications.
- Previous campus food service operations, and/or residential hospitality experience preferred.
Review of applications will begin immediately. This is a full-time salaried position with benefits.
The MDI Biological Laboratory is an Equal Opportunity Employer.