The MDI Biological Laboratory seeks to hire Dining Hall Cooks to assist with summer courses and conferences from mid-May to mid-October. This position reports to and assists the Food Services Manager in food preparation, service and sanitation. Duties include preparing and cooking food, in addition to cleaning assignments.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, to include weekends and evenings; hours will vary depending on course rosters, typically serving 15-40 guests.
• Candidates must be comfortable preparing and serving meals to large groups.
• Experience cooking in different styles and cuisines, hard-working, organized, creative, and passionate about food and customer service.
• Ability to work unsupervised.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Following established policies and procedures as directed by the Food Services Manager;
• Assisting with meal prep according to planned menus and standardized recipes in a sanitary manner to ensure the utmost quality with a minimum of food waste;
• Adhering to all food safety guidelines including hand washing, sanitizing, cooling, heating, and storing of product to guard against contamination and assure that all products are safe for consumption;
• Adhering to all safety guidelines to ensure that safe work practices are used at all times and to ensure that a safe working environment is maintained at all times;
• Providing outstanding culinary and catering service.
Review of applications will begin immediately until filled. If you need assistance with completing the online application or uploading documents, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The MDI Biological Laboratory is an Equal Opportunity Employer.