The MDI Biological Laboratory seeks to hire Cooks and Dining Hall Attendants to assist with summer courses and conferences from mid-April to mid-October. The positions report to and assist the Food Services Manager in food preparation, service and sanitation. Duties include preparing and cooking food, and cleaning kitchen and service areas.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assist with meal preparation for groups of 15-80 guests according to planned menus and standardized recipes in a sanitary manner to ensure the utmost quality with minimal of food waste;
• Adhere to food safety guidelines including hand washing, sanitizing, cooling, heating, and storing of product to guard against contamination and assure that all products are safe for consumption;
• Adhere to all safety guidelines to ensure that safe work practices are used at all times;
• Follow established policies and procedures as directed by the Food Services Manager;
• Assist with daily/weekly cleaning procedures;
• Providing outstanding culinary and catering service.
• Experience cooking in different styles and cuisines;
• Ability to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and evenings; hours will vary depending on course rosters;
• Ability to comfortably prepare and serve meals to large groups;
• Ability to work unsupervised;
• Hard-working, organized, creative, and passionate about food and customer service.
Include a cover letter, resume or CV, and contact information for three references.
Review of applications will begin immediately until filled.
The MDI Biological Laboratory is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.