The MDI Biological Laboratory seeks to hire a Bioinformatics Analyst to work as an integral team member within the Bioinformatics Core which supports multiple biomedical research programs and provides training to students and research staff. This position reports to the Director of the Bioinformatics Core.
- Gather requirements for biological data analysis by consulting with scientific staff
- Develop and implement analysis workflows that typically involve multiple tools
- Analyze large-scale gene expression and functional genomics data generated by high-throughput sequencing and microarray technologies
- Train students and scientists in the development and use of biological databases and analysis tools
- Strong communication skills
- Background in or strong interest to learn molecular biology
- Demonstrated knowledge of major biological databases and analysis tools
- Demonstrated expertise using scripting languages (R, Perl or Python)
- Ability to work on multiple simultaneous projects in a highly collaborative team environment
- M.S. or Ph.D. in bioinformatics, biology, statistics, computer science or a related field.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled. This is a full-time salaried position with benefits.
The MDI Biological Laboratory is an Equal Opportunity Employer.