MDI Biological Laboratory is seeking Animal Technicians to provide day-to-day care and maintenance of all animals in the facility on campus.
The positions will be responsible to:
- Conduct basic animal husbandry, feedings, and tank changes.
- Wash tanks, mating cages, and other aquaculture equipment.
- Train new facility users.
- Conduct fish health inspections, culling and health maintenance of the overall colony.
- Carry out and implement SOPs for everyday duties within the animal core (such as artemia hatching protocol, Quarantine room protocol, etc.).
- Breed and maintain core lines and zebrafish for MDIBL summer courses as needed.
- Ensure that solutions and supplies are adequately stocked for various facilities.
- Ensure that mating, census, and other essential logs are up to date.
- Perform other animal care duties and research-related tasks, as assigned.
- Assist in set up and general maintenance of all aquaculture systems on a day to day basis.
- Support scientific services, including C.elegans plate pouring and fly food preparation.
Required qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in biology or substantial progress towards degree completion, or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Strong commitment to animal welfare and animal care
- Experience in aquaculture or animal husbandry in a similar support or internship role (1-3 years preferred)
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- Strong desire and ability to learn new skills
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Apply at the link below.
Include a cover letter, resume or CV, and contact information for three references.
The MDI Biological Laboratory is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.