MDI Biological Laboratory is seeking a part-time Animal Technician to provide weekend and holiday care and maintenance of aquatic animals in the facilities on our campus in Salisbury Cove under the direct supervision of the Animal Facility Supervisor.
The position requires 8-16 hours over each weekend and will be responsible to:
- Feed animals according to prescribed procedures.
- Perform daily health and water flow checks.
- Clean animal tanks and aquaculture equipment
- Learn basic animal husbandry techniques
- Learn how life support systems work and perform system checks and maintenance, as needed
- General cleaning and maintenance of the facility
Required qualifications include:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- Strong desire and ability to learn new skills.
- Self-motivated, independent individual
Preferred Qualifications: Experience working in an aquarium facility.
Applications will be reviewed until an appropriate candidate is found. Interviews will be web-based to be in compliance with current restrictions for visitors on campus.
The MDI Biological Laboratory is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.