MDI Biological Laboratory is seeking Part-Time Animal Technician Interns to provide day-to-day care and maintenance of animals in the facilities on campus under the direct supervision of the Animal Facility Supervisor and/or Animal Technicians.
The positions will work part-time hours (hours to be determined) with occasional weekends, and will be responsible to:
- Feed animals according to prescribed procedures and schedules
- Clean animal tanks and aquaculture equipment
- Learn basic animal husbandry techniques
- Learn how life support systems work
- Perform other animal care duties, as assigned
Required qualifications include:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- Strong desire and ability to learn new skills
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled. We plan to conduct web-based interviews for these positions, which are essential to the operations of the research laboratory. We plan to conduct web-based training for selected candidates and will operate under well-planned and safe social distancing guidelines.
Include a cover letter, resume or CV, and contact information for three references.
The MDI Biological Laboratory is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.